3D AutoCad Mitchell - but something amiss!

~
Feel free to discuss any topic related to the Mitchell Camera. Both 35 mm and 16 mm models are welcomed here. Also consider posting topics of other major motion picture cameras that you feel are important to the development of the Mitchell Camera. Feel free to upload a photo from the option on each new post.
~
yoyo29_monica

3D AutoCad Mitchell - but something amiss!

Post by yoyo29_monica » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:08 am

Gentlemen; I found this very interesting web site over at turbosquid where they have hundreds of products created in autocad, which are for sale. I have included their link below.

I was pretty excited when I found a Mitchell Standard which had about 20 different views that you could look at for free. I could see the familiar shape and the Mitchell Acorn on the mouse ear magazine. Of course, the Mitchell name on the Mat / Sun Shade rods really stood out. "This is going to be awesome", I thought and then I started to explore all the different angles.
autocad mitchell 1.jpg
When I viewed the crank side, I went, huh? Oh no, you didn't!
autocad mitchell 2.jpg
My eye immediately when to the Bell & Howell take up wheels on the outside of the magazine which are easy to spot as not being a Mitchell. But a split second latter I spied all the Bell & Howell 2709 controls and odd shape by the front turret.

Talk about artist license!!! The autocad artist decided he had more reference materials to use the Bell & Howell model 2709 to make his "Mitchell". I think he did an outstanding job of the rendering, its just not a true MItchell. If you can get beyond that, click the link below as it's a great autocad design of a neat camera. BUT NOT A MITCHELL. Sorry, I get excited about these things.

Tee-hee

Monica of Tarzana

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d- ... vie/566961

lolly

Re: 3D AutoCad Mitchell - but something amiss!

Post by lolly » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:09 pm

Nothing gets by you Monica. Cool autocad web site and thank you for sharing.

lolly