Can someone please identify my blimp?

~
Feel free to discuss any topic related to the Mitchell Camera. Both 35 mm and 16 mm models are welcomed here. Also consider posting topics of other major motion picture cameras that you feel are important to the development of the Mitchell Camera. Feel free to upload a photo from the option on each new post.
~
Temporary custodian

Re: Can someone please identify my blimp?

Post by Temporary custodian » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:20 am

My Mitchell standard 27 has insides which are stamped 27 except for the motor door, matt box and directors finder. You have a nice Mitchell as well.

The blimp? - actually I have 2. On one of them only has a badge with number 100 on the magazine section. The other one is 68 and is dated 1948.

marop

Re: Can someone please identify my blimp?

Post by marop » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:55 am

Oh, so you only have the blimps, got it. If you mean the badge 100 is on the outside of the blimp magazine cover, that would’ve been the camera number too, I am fairly certain. BNC 100 was sold 4/30/1952. I can’t quite make out the name, it’s J. Burgi or Durgi Contner or something similar. It’s written in cursive. BNC 68 was sold to Mark Armistad, a rental house and you are correct on the year. That’s great you have the matching movement to STD 27! I am glad Roy Wagner jumped in. I had emailed him about your posting as I knew he had some interest in an MGM blimp. He is a good guy! I got a phishing warning going onto this website. If you have any questions contact Ed and he has my email.