Mitchell NC dimensions/measurements for 3D print

~
Feel free to discuss any topic related to the Mitchell Camera. Both 35 mm and 16 mm models are welcomed here. Also consider posting topics of other major motion picture cameras that you feel are important to the development of the Mitchell Camera. Feel free to upload a photo from the option on each new post.
~
richards

Mitchell NC dimensions/measurements for 3D print

Post by richards » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:09 pm

Hello one and all!

I'm reaching out to you all for some help if possible.

I'm a historical reenactor and portray War Correspondent and news journalist from WW2. We have a decent collection of cameras that where used at the time such as eyemos etc but I'd love to add a Mitchell NC to the collection.
Unfortunately I do not have the funds to buy an actual one, so I was going to look into having a full size replica 3D printed.

I have scoured the internet and can not find any measurements or blueprints for them anywhere. So I was wondering if any of you might be willing to supply these for me? and maybe a few detailed pictures of the dials etc that are on the camera.

If any of you can help with this I would most grateful to you!

many thanks,
Richard

marop

Re: Mitchell NC dimensions/measurements for 3D print

Post by marop » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:26 pm

Richard,

This website will come down at any time due to the founder passing away, so just be aware. The only NC that I have is house in the blimp (a BNC). Measurements are not really possible. Does it have to be a NC vs. a Standard? Although they look the same, there are some size differences. If Ed pops in here I think he has most of one and can probably help with some measurements. A member of this forum actually created a complete 3D file of a Standard. I am in the process of attempting to creat a 1/4 scale miniature from that file.

You can also try the Facebook group; vintage cine cameras. Ed is on there as well and perhaps some owners of an NC. This group includes amateur cameras.

Mark

mediaed

Re: Mitchell NC dimensions/measurements for 3D print

Post by mediaed » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:49 pm

Hello Richard,

Ed Johnson here..
I do have an NC in my collection.
Is your usage a short or long term project?

If short term, I could consider a rental.
If long term that would require a prop, I have a spare NC L base with turret and a magazine that could immensely simplify a prop build.
I have built a few prop Mitchell’s as well that have been purchased. One has been used by a props house in NYC on several projects.
Let me know if interested or how I can assist.

My contact is mediaed@att.net

Ed Johnson, mitchellcamera Director