Mitchell Side Viewfinder

~
Feel free to discuss any topic related to the Mitchell Camera. Both 35 mm and 16 mm models are welcomed here. Also consider posting topics of other major motion picture cameras that you feel are important to the development of the Mitchell Camera. Feel free to upload a photo from the option on each new post.
~
lilybettina 1

Mitchell Side Viewfinder

Post by lilybettina 1 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:25 am

I purchased recently another side finder for my Mitchell, only to discover that the fixing wedge is 2mm wider and so won't slot into the camera side. The finder's model is 1-LA. This looks like a trip to a metal basher to fix? Why not a standard width fitting? Any ideas?
Attachments
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG (175.39 KiB) Viewed 15394 times

marop

Re: Mitchell Side Viewfinder

Post by marop » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:05 am

viewfinder is for a 16mm Mitchell camera. I believe the optics may be a bit different since it is a different format film. These still have value so you should consider selling this one and picking up a correct Mitchell finder for 35mm format.

Mark

lilybettina 1

Re: Mitchell Side Viewfinder

Post by lilybettina 1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:05 am

Thanks for the advice. I have two other Mitchell finders, both for 35mm cameras and they look identical in shape and size to the 16mm camera fitting one. I should have checked the model code. Live and learn.